Parvez Rasool Interview about his IPL Debut

Parveez-Rasool-PWI-vs-KKR-IPL-2013

The game between the Pune Warriors India and the Kolkata Knight Riders marked the much-anticipated debut of Jammu & Kashmir all-rounder Parveez Rasool. The 24-year-old made quite an impression with his economical four-over spell during which he conceded only 23 runs and picked the prized scalp of Jacques Kallis. (Also Read: PWI vs KKR - M56 Report & Stats: IPL 2013)

Rasool was visibly proud and thrilled about finally getting a shot at the big leagues. After the game he spoke to IPLT20.com about what playing in the IPL means to him. He also dedicated his maiden performance to all his fans across India and the people of the state of Jammu & Kashmir.

Here are excerpts from Rasool’s exclusive interview:

What does it feel like to finally make your IPL debut?

I feel really great today. First of all, thanks to Almighty Allah, I have made it this far. It felt really nice to get an opportunity in the IPL and be able to perform at this level. 

What do you have to say about your first ever IPL wicket – that of Jacques Kallis?

Jacques Kallis is definitely a legend; the best all-rounder in cricket. So, it felt really good to get his wicket. After that, I also got a caught behind shout, but unfortunately my appeal was turned down by the umpire. But that happens sometimes. However, Jacques Kallis’ wicket was something truly special for me.

When did you come to know you were going to play against KKR?

I just came to know this morning, and I was really happy and excited at the prospect of playing today (Thursday). I was training real hard for whenever I would get the chance to play for PWI. And I wanted to make sure I grabbed that chance with both hands.

Were you nervous while bowling your first ball?

Yes, the first couple of balls I was nervous. Then Yuvi Paaji (Yuvraj Singh) came over to me and helped me settle down.

While bowling, you adjusted your line for right-handers and left-handers. Was there a plan to that effect?

There was a specific plan I was going by. For left-handers, my plan was to bowl on their legs, which makes it difficult for them to play their shots freely. So, that is what I was doing.

Do you see yourself as a batting or bowling all-rounder?

Currently, I consider myself a bowling all-rounder. But when I started out, I was a batting all-rounder. However, I bat well too. But it depends on the chances I get to bat. I did get to face a few balls (against KKR), and it felt good to be out there in the middle. I will surely rise up to the batting challenge as well when I get a chance.

What is next for Parvez Rasool now that you have made your IPL debut?

Now my goal is to ensure I play well in every match I get to play. I want to do well for the team and for myself. I hope I play well enough to play for India some day.

Is this the proudest day of your life?

Yes, this is the proudest day of my life. And the whole of Jammu and Kashmir was watching today’s match and I am proud of that.

I would like to dedicate my debut performance to the entire state of Jammu & Kashmir and all the well-wishers all around India. 

source: iplt20.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Story behind Yusuf Pathan jersey No. '999'

Rohit Sharma 264 Runs - Report: India vs Sri Lanka, 4th ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata

INDIA v PAKISTAN 1ST ODI ᴴᴰ FULL HIGHLIGHTS, CHENNAI, 30 DEC 2012